Have you or a loved one been hit by a car? This a traumatic event that can lead to devastating and life-altering conditions. You deserve to be compensated for your injuries by the negligent driver who hit you. Call a San Antonio pedestrian accident lawyer from George Salinas Injury Lawyers at (210) 225-0909 to learn more about how we can help your case.
Our lawyers fight for injured victims of all personal injury matters, including slip and fall accidents, bicycle accidents, San Antonio construction accidents, workplace accidents, San Antonio motorcycle accidents, uber accidents, and more. We’ll diligently pursue all avenues of compensation to maximize your recovery.
If you or a family member was hit by a car, contact our award-winning law firm for a free consultation with a pedestrian accident attorney in San Antonio, Texas.
How George Salinas Injury Lawyers Can Help You With Your San Antonio Pedestrian Accident Claim
Pedestrians have no protection from injuries when a car hits them. Their bodies receive the full force of the impact with the vehicle. Additionally, they can be thrown against another object or crushed beneath a vehicle.
Therefore, pedestrians have a high risk of sustaining injuries that result in substantial damages. If you were hit by a car, you need a Texas personal injury lawyer with substantial experience handling pedestrian accident cases.
At George Salinas Injury Lawyers, our San Antonio personal injury lawyers have handled thousands of cases. We have decades of combined legal experience and extensive resources. We are the law firm you hire when you need an aggressive advocate to fight for your right to fair compensation.
Our founding attorney, George Salinas, has assembled an exceptional team of trial lawyers. As a result, we have a proven track record of recovering top awards for personal injury victims. Since opening our law firm, we have recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
When you hire our San Antonio personal injury law firm, we’ll treat you and your case with the respect and attention you deserve by:
- Taking the time to answer your questions, explain your legal options, and review the claims process
- Handling all aspects of your case to reduce your stress so that you can focus on healing
- Thoroughly investigating the cause of your pedestrian accident to gather evidence proving the driver is at fault
- Working with you and your physicians to document the extent of your injuries
- Hiring the top expert witnesses in their fields to work on your case as needed
- Filing insurance claims and negotiating insurance settlements
- Pursuing all forms of compensation to put as much money in your pocket as possible
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit and having a skilled trial attorney argue your case in court, if necessary
You should not bear the burden of another person’s negligence. Our legal team at George Salinas Injury Lawyers can help. Contact our law office today to schedule your free case review with one of our experienced pedestrian accident attorneys in San Antonio, TX.
Pedestrian Accidents Are on the Rise in Texas
Tragically, pedestrian accidents hit a record high in 2021. With 20 deaths every day, the number of pedestrian fatalities was the highest it has been in four decades. Nationwide, 7,485 pedestrians were killed in 2021, a 12% increase from 2020.
In Texas, 824 pedestrians died in 2021. That was a 15.24% increase from 2020. There were 5,366 pedestrian crashes, including thousands of serious injuries.
San Antonio reported 52 pedestrian fatalities in 2021 and 82 serious injuries. City officials are working to improve road safety for everyone. George Salinas Injury Lawyers continues to help victims and families recover compensation for injuries.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in San Antonio, TX
Sadly, most pedestrian accidents can be avoided. They are caused by negligent and reckless behavior.
Common causes of pedestrian accidents in San Antonio include:
- Distracted drivers
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Limited visibility
- Inadequate or malfunctioning traffic signals
- Unsafe or illegal turns
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Drivers trying to “beat” a red or yellow light
- Inadequate infrastructure for pedestrians
- Poorly or defectively designed intersections and pedestrian crossings
A motorist is liable for damages when they hit a pedestrian. However, government agencies, manufacturers, employers, and other parties could share responsibility for your injuries. George Salinas and our team of lawyers will pursue all parties who contributed to your accident to maximize the money available for your claim.
However, a pedestrian can contribute to the cause of the accident. If you were partially to blame for causing your injury, Texas’s modified comparative fault law will reduce your compensation by your percentage of fault. If you were more than 50% to blame, you will receive no money at all.
Insurance companies unfairly blame accident victims to reduce their liability for claims. Likewise, insurance adjusters might try to get you to say something they can intentionally twist around to blame you for the accident.
Our San Antonio pedestrian accident attorneys at George Salinas Injury Lawyers are very familiar with these tactics. Our attorneys know how to fight back against these unfair allegations to protect you.
San Antonio Pedestrian Accidents Can Cause Traumatic Injuries and Wrongful Deaths
When a car strikes a pedestrian, it can cause severe injuries. A person crossing the road does not have airbags, seatbelts, a metal frame, and other safety devices occupants of cars have to protect them. Instead, the pedestrian is the most vulnerable person in the crash.
Injuries caused by pedestrian accidents include:
- Multiple broken bones and fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Damage to internal organs
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Crushing injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
Your injuries might prevent you from visiting our office. We understand. Contact us to arrange a time for an attorney to visit you because severe injuries should not prevent you from hiring a San Antonio personal injury lawyer.
What Compensation Can George Salinas Injury Lawyers Help Me Recover for a Pedestrian Accident?
You can recover economic damages for your monetary losses and expenses related to the accident and your injury. You can also receive money for non-economic damages to compensate you for your pain and suffering.
Damages that our office fights to recover include, but are not limited to:
- Physical pain and discomfort
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Medical bills and expenses
- Loss of income and benefits
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Diminished earning capacity
- Permanent disabilities and impairments
- A decrease in your quality of life
At George Salinas Injury Lawyers, our legal team will carefully analyze the evidence to calculate the maximum value for your damages. Then, our lawyers will aggressively negotiate for an amount equal to the full value of your personal injury claim.
Recovering from a pedestrian accident could take months. You might never recover fully from your injuries. We will not stop seeking compensation for you until we exhaust every possible source of compensation.
Steps To Take After a Pedestrian Accident in San Antonio, TX
The steps you take after an injury or accident can affect the outcome of your case.
If you are hit by a vehicle in San Antonio, you should:
- Call 911 to report the accident
- Ask eyewitnesses for their names and contact information
- If possible, ask a bystander to take pictures and make a video of the accident scene
- Seek immediate medical treatment for your injuries
- Document your damages by keeping careful records and copies of all bills, receipts, invoices, and other evidence
- Contact George Salinas Injury Lawyers as soon as possible for a free case evaluation
Taking some of these steps might not be possible because the accident resulted in severe injuries. Don’t worry. Our legal team at George Salinas Injury Lawyers can take care of these things for you.
The most important thing for you to do is focus on your healing and following your doctor’s instructions. Our team of skilled lawyers can gather evidence, document damages, and file claims to protect your rights.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Claim After a Pedestrian Accident in Texas?
Your time to file a personal injury claim is limited by the Texas statute of limitations. If you do not file a lawsuit before the deadline, you lose your right to pursue a legal claim.
Most pedestrian accident claims must be filed within two years of the accident date. However, there are exceptions to the rule that can increase or decrease your time to file.
The best way to avoid missing the filing deadline is to discuss your case with one of our San Antonio personal injury attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you contact George Salinas Injury Lawyers about your injury claim, the quicker we can begin working on getting you money to help with medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses.
Call Us To Schedule a Free Consultation With a San Antonio Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Call George Salinas Injury Lawyers to speak with a compassionate, knowledgeable lawyer about your pedestrian accident. You do not have to fight this battle alone. Instead, you can have the full force of our law firm on your side.
Contact us online or by phone for more information or to schedule a free case review. We are here for you and your family during this difficult time.
Our Personal Injury Law Firm in San Antonio also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near You in San Antonio
- Birth Injury Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
- Boating Accident Lawyer in San Antonio
- Brain Injury Attorney in San Antonio
- Car Accident Attorney in San Antonio, TX
- Child Injury Attorney in San Antonio
- Construction Accident Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyer Near You in San Antonio
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
- Premises Liability Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
- Product Liability Attorney in San Antonio
- San Antonio Bus Accident Lawyer
- San Antonio Lyft Accident Lawyer
- San Antonio Taxi Accident Lawyer
- Slip & Fall Lawyer in San Antonio
- Train Accident Lawyer in San Antonio
- Uber Accident Lawyer Near You in San Antonio, TX
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in San Antonio
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
Highly Rated Physical Therapy Clinics in San Antonio
- Mission Physical Rehabilitation – 2140 Babcock Rd Ste 130, San Antonio, TX 78229
- Professional Therapy Services of Texas – 8131 I-10 Suite 125, San Antonio, TX 78230
- Texas Physical Therapy Specialists – 1973 Northwest Loop 410 Ste 102, San Antonio, TX 78213
- Momentum Physical Therapy – 5441 Babcock Rd #103, San Antonio, TX 78240
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.