Austin, Texas Personal Injury Lawyer
Austin is an exciting and lively city with something for everyone, whether you’re a native or just visiting. While Austin is a great city to explore, it also sees its share of traffic accidents and other kinds of personal injury cases. When you head out to enjoy Austin, always put safety first. If you’ve been injured in an accident that was someone else’s fault, it can be overwhelming. An experienced Austin personal injury attorney can help.
The Insurance Company
If you’ve been injured by someone else’s negligence – whether in a car accident, a slip and fall accident, or any other kind of accident – you may be tempted to simply allow the insurance company to do its job and determine the amount of compensation you deserve for your losses. While this is the path of least resistance, it’s not in your best interests. It’s important to keep in mind that insurance companies are in the business of turning a profit and that often willing to go to great lengths to minimize payouts. Every personal injury claim is unique to its own circumstances, and the dedicated legal team at George Salinas Injury Lawyers is here to carefully assess your claim and to help effectively and efficiently guide it toward its best possible resolution. Personal injury claims are complicated, but your just compensation matters. Our skilled Austin personal injury attorneys are here to help.
Making a Statement
If someone else’s negligence has left you injured, that person’s insurance company may contact you soon after the accident requesting a statement. While you may be obligated to give an official statement to your own insurance company, such as after a car accident, you’re not obligated to do so for the other driver’s company. In fact, you are well advised not to give such a statement. Your personal injury lawyer will provide the other driver’s insurance company with all the information that it needs. Your attorney will also help prepare you for the statement you make to your own insurance company. Insurance representatives are skilled at extracting statements from confused and stressed accident victims, then misconstruing those statements and using them later to negate or minimize the claims.
If you have been injured in an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may have suffered significant losses, also referred to as damages. To begin, you’ve likely endured hefty medical expenses:
- Emergency transportation from the accident scene and emergency care
- Surgery and aftercare
- Care and treatment from doctors, specialists, and therapists
- Ongoing treatment and care
- Prescription medications
Medical expenses, however, are rarely the end of the story. You may have also incurred property damage, like damage to your car and its contents. Further, you’re likely to have lost wages due to the time you lost at work during your recovery period. If your injury is significant, you may even have suffered a loss to your future earning potential. Finally, the emotional price associated with a serious accident can be devastating. All told, the financial, physical, and emotional damages associated with a personal injury claim can be extensive.
While every personal injury claim is unique, common types of injuries include:
- Knee Injuries
Injuries to the knee are common to car accidents and slip and fall accidents, alike. Because the knee joint is extremely complex, damage to the knee can lead to highly exacting surgeries, including replacement surgery. These injuries often necessitate months of painful and costly physical therapy in the journey toward recovery.
- Spinal Cord InjuriesAny accident involving significant force, such as incurred in car accidents and slip and fall accidents, can cause a spinal cord injury. When one of your spinal discs or vertebrae is pushed out of place by the impact of an accident, it can lead to a bulging or herniated disc that is often extremely painful and can require surgery and ongoing physical therapy.
- Traumatic Brain InjuriesTraumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are common to car accidents, sports accidents, and slip and falls. TBIs are tricky because they may go undetected, which can lead to more significant injuries. Because TBIs aren’t visible on the outside, they’re often called “silent injuries,” and can be extremely dangerous. TBIs are unpredictable, but common symptoms to watch for include:
- Sudden onset of dizziness, lack of coordination, persistent headaches, confusion, fatigue, mood swings, and/or speech difficulties
- Nausea and vomiting
- Widespread or localized numbness or weakness
- A sudden change in behavior
- Sleepiness or inability to wake up
Because a TBI affects your brain, it can even lead to an altered sense of self, which can be the most troubling element of the injury. TBIs often elicit a strong emotional component that not only affects the sufferer, but also his or her support system. These are extremely serious injuries with far-reaching effects that should never be taken lightly.
If Someone Else’s Negligence Has Left You Injured, Consult With a Skilled Austin Personal Injury Lawyer Today
If someone else’s negligence has left you injured in Austin, you need experienced legal counsel. The dedicated legal team at George Salinas Injury Lawyers have the skill, determination, and compassion to aggressively advocate for just compensation for your injuries and losses. Our experienced personal injury attorneys are committed to fighting for the best possible outcome in your case, while you focus on your physical recovery. We’re here to help, so please contact or call us at 210-225-0909 to schedule an appointment today.
The Law offices of George Salinas – Austin
111 Congress Avenue, Suite 400
Austin, TX 78704
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“He helped me understand every stage of my case and fought hard for me. I was proud to have him on my side.”